Monday, February 28, 2011

And so it begins...

Hello!
I have talked to several people who blog and some that don't who said I should start one. This all started with my facebook posts. I often post random things my boys (Aiden, 7 and Connor, 4) say and do. Actually, that is almost all I post - they are my life and entertainment. But those little posts are just fragments of my daily life in this crazy, beautiful, busy, wonderful, hectic, perfect little world I live in. It never goes as planned, but always turns out right.  - This last sentence is actually the story of my life. I have learned that God is in control, not that its always what I want to hear, but He is in control.

I have always been ambitious from a very young age. I wanted to do well in school, play soccer till I was 80, have my own company, travel the world, becoming president wasn't too far fetched of a dream for me either - that's just how I was. By the way, I call it ambitious, my parents would call it stubborn. If you told me I couldn't do something, well I would show you. However, now I find my life's ambitions daily - and I pray them daily. "Lord, just let me make it through the day." And He continues to deliver this daily even though sometimes it is close! These things that cause so much chaos in my life (children, a husband, a job) are also my biggest blessings. We have quite a life, here at the Rhodes' Ranch (it's not a ranch at all, it's a house in a suburb of Birmingham, AL in a typical little subdivision) between work, church, school, ball games, and whatever else may come our way. I'm looking forward to sharing it with whoever cares to listen.

Stay tuned, there is lots to share...

1 comment: