Monday, April 4, 2011

Wow, how time flys...

I'm baackk. We have been sooo busy. Almost every evening has been spent at the ballpark lately. We are off tonight - due to inclement weather, yay! I really couldn't think of a better birthday present than a night off from the ballpark! I love it and so do the boys, but the break is welcomed! Yes, today is my birthday - the big 29. But what I really have heavily on my mind tonight as I write is that my oldest son, Aiden, turned eight yesterday! Eight just sounds so big. I really can not believe how fast time is going by. They say if you think time goes by fast now, just wait until you have kids - they were right!! My two boys are walking time clocks, clicking away at the speed of light. Every year at this time I am reminded of how God placed this perfect child in our lives when we really weren't ready for it. He has been such a blessing to us and the heart beat behind mine and Chad's marriage. He is the reason we are where we are today and let's just say we haven't turned out so bad. It hasn't been an easy eight years, but worth every bit of the ride. Aiden is my sweet, gentle, old soul. I love that as he matures, that doesn't go away. Bringing that child into the world turned out not to be such an easy task. I went into labor at 28 weeks and spent the next 6 weeks in the hospital trying keep him from coming too early. At 34 weeks, we were blessed with a tiny, healthy angel - and a head FULL of black hair! It is so hard for me to believe it has been eight years ago. He still has that head full of hair, however he is not so tiny anymore.
Now that I have sat here and cried writing this (which was not the plan), I am going to finish up and head upstairs. My night in shining armor just walked through the door with my birthday dinner! Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. You have a fabulous blog! I want to award you the Creative Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

    BTW, I am your newest follower.
    I invite you to follow me, but no pressure. I’m not giving you the award just so you will follow me. You really do deserve it!
    Take care and have a nice day :-)

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete